Don’t let it stress you

Having a happy holiday depends largely on how we manage the stressors that come with it.  Take a minute to think of all the things that can cause you to become overwhelmed, anxious, or just plain exhausted.  Be it shopping for gifts, dealing with holiday guests, or all the cooking and baking that has to be done, it just seems as if there is never enough time in the day to get it all accomplished.  Here are some holiday quotes that I hope can get you through this “season to be jolly”.

20161125_151719.jpg

Be thankful for what you have, you’ll end up having more.  If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough. – OPRAH WINFREY-

The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree; the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other.  – BURTON HILLS

One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas Day. – ANDY ROONEY-

If I could give you any gift, I’d give you Love and Laughter, A Peaceful Heart, A Special Dream and Joy Forever After. – UNKNOWN

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.  I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.  The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.  I will not shut out the lessons that they teach. – CHARLES DICKENS-.

I don’t think Christmas is necessarily about things.  It’s about being good to one another. – CARRIE FISHER-.

As we struggle with shopping lists and invitations, compounded by December’s bad weather, it is good to be reminded that there are people in our lives who are worth this aggravation and people to whom we are worth the same. -DONALD WESTLAKE-

wp-1480104850167.jpg

The holiday season is a perfect time to reflect on our blessings and seek out ways to make life better for those around us.– TERRY MARSHALL-

CHRISTMAS GIFT SUGGESTIONS

To your enemy – forgiveness

To your opponent – tolerance

To a friend – your heart

To a customer – service

To all – charity

To a child – a good example

To yourself – respect

-NOT SURE WHO WROTE THIS ONE-

I think as you grow older, your Christmas list gets smaller and the things you really want for the holidays can’t be bought. SAYINGIMAGES.COM

This last one I really liked:

My Holiday= More sleeping, more eating, more getting online and staying up late. –www.funnyquotesbook.com

Do you have a favorite or special holiday quote?

Advertisements

About smallfitness

I am Dr. Martha Higgins, but my friends call me “Doc”. I teach physical education to elementary students and have been doing so for the past 15 years.

This entry was posted in Christmas, emotions, health, motivation, Self -esteem and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Don’t let it stress you

1. prinxy says:

lovely one Dear, love the way you composed this post and i love your quotes… well done

2. smallfitness says:

3. Heyy!
    Thank you for following my blog, I appreciate the support and look forward to reading more of your blog post as well. I don’t know if you have ever considered juicing or if you workout regularly, but my page supplies ways to lose weight, gain strength and keeps people in shape. If you find yourself having questions or wanting to know more, don’t be afraid to contact me.

By the way, I love networking and learning about others, so hopefully through your writing, I will gain some knowledge in what your passions are.

4. The Christmas gift suggestions reminded me of certain things i take for granted. I will start doing more of 1,3,6 and 7. Thanks for the post.

5. Great post! Thanks for the reminder.

6. JessyTee says:

Loved this post 💖 Such a great idea , gives me a lot of motivation

7. spudbudette says:

Wow! I really liked the perspective on this. And wonderful quotes and the time you took to present this. Blessings!

8. Lovely post and sentiments. I look forward to following you.

9. Hello, Doc! My students call me Dr D, so if you don’t mind, how about I call you Doc, and you call me Dr D? Thank you for visiting my blog and for the following. I am glad I found you!

10. Personally I don’t celebrate Christmas but I do buy gifts for and give my brother Stephen who has Autism a great holiday experience. I’m not really religious so I prefer a cultural holiday such as Kwanzaa.

11. Thanks for stopping by and following my journeys and photography. I am a fitness buff now that I retired and I spent years on the weight yo yo before I realized that exercise and eating in moderation are all that’s needed.

My kids are grown and on their own, but I know there will be many people interested in your take on young people’s fitness!

12. smallfitness says:

Oh I admire you you are retired and still doing your Thing! Way to go I can’t wait for my day.

13. terrepruitt says:

Don’t know that I have a favorite holiday quote, but I just read this one, on another blog and it popped into my head with the one on here that mentions “December’s bad weather::

“Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.”
    -John Ruskin